Dec 28, 2010

Obsession #139: Bloody Marys

I have an epic obsession with Bloody Marys.

Bloody Marys: a popular vodka and tomato juice cocktail

I like mine extra spicy with a lot of olive juice. Otherwise, it's like drinking cold Cambells tomato soup.


This is a newer obsession for me. In fact, I'm going to go ahead and place all the blame for this obsession on my friend, Tasha. If she hadn't of made me the best BM of my life at the worst time of my life, I wouldn't be hooked.

Which might have saved me some pain and misery this Christmas.

Note to self: The next time you've lost your sense of taste, have someone else make your drinks.

Yes, bad call on my part... getting sloshed at the practically-in-law's Christmas brunch... for the second year in a row... At least it wasn't wine (Obsession #54... down from #33) this year.

By the end of my second BM (which was mostly vodka, I'm pretty sure), I was feeling REALLY good. Another martini later, and I was effin jolly. Luckily, I had Love to support me as I stumbled out the door. At least, that's what he told me. I'd blacked all this out.

Five hours later, after a little Obsessions #4 and #6, I wasn't feeling so jolly... more nauseous, I'd say. This is where I start to remember things. I was still vomiting Bloody Mary mix until 4:30 AM, swearing to the Virgin Mary I'd give up all alcohol if She let me live.

I still haven't had any alcohol. I even opted out of a bottle of champagne (Obsession #33.) Not because I've actually given up alcohol, I just haven't built my strength up for it yet. I mean, the universe needs me to drink. I said no to a beer at one point, and things fell off the wall. In fact, a spicy breakfast sounds delish.

Happy Holidays kids.